The whole process of IDM development of ultra-thin chocolate keycap Best gaming office mechanical keyboard
This design aims to solve the problems of oversized and heavy keycaps in traditional mechanical keyboards, so as to achieve a more portable and compact use effect. During the research and development process, we adopted the chocolate shape as the shape of the keycap. After many tests and improvements, we designed an ultra-thin chocolate keycap mechanical keyboard that meets the requirements.
The design principle, material selection, manufacturing process and experimental results of the keyboard Wireless
Mechanical keyboards have become the choice of many computer users, and the feel and tactile feedback of their mechanical switches have received high praise. However, because the keycaps are too heavy, the overall volume of the mechanical keyboard is much larger than that of the general membrane keyboard, which limits its application scenarios. In order to solve this problem, we have carried out a series of design and research and development work, hoping to develop a smaller, lighter and more compact mechanical keyboard. This new type of design and development process has been tested experimentally, and a relatively satisfactory result has been obtained. Design Principle In order to meet the requirements of ultra-thin and light weight, we first need to optimize the design of the keyboard structure. Since keycaps are the main reason for the bulkiness of mechanical keyboards, our goal is to reduce the size of the keycaps as much as possible, so as to achieve overall lightness and compactness. In order to achieve this goal, we have made the following improvements in the design principle.
1. Ultra-thin keycap design The traditional mechanical keyboard keycaps are thick and heavy, which is not suitable for the requirements of lightness and compactness, so we adopted an ultra-thin keycap design in the design. This design can not only greatly reduce the thickness of the keyboard, but also reduce the area of the keycaps, thereby improving the compactness of the keyboard. At the same time, in order to ensure the experience effect of hand feeling and tactile feedback, we chose the chocolate appearance as the manufacturing material of the keycap.
2. Classic red switch design In terms of keyboard key switch selection, we have adopted the classic red switch design to retain the feel and tactile feedback of the mechanical keyboard. At the same time, the red switch also has many advantages such as fast response of buttons and strong adaptability, which can meet the needs of most users.
3. Multi-layer structure design In order to enhance the stability and feel feedback of the keyboard, we have adopted a multi-layer structure design in the design, so as to better realize the hollow design of the keyboard. Material selection In order to achieve the requirements of ultra-thin and compact design of the keycap, we chose PBT material as the manufacturing material of the keycap. PBT is a material with a clear, flat surface, good strength and electrical insulation properties. It is also very stable and malleable, allowing the manufacture of very high-precision parts. Compared with traditional ABS plastic, PBT material is more suitable for ultra-thin and compact mechanical keycap design. Manufacturing process The manufacturing process of the ultra-thin chocolate keycap includes material preparation, mold making, injection molding, post-processing and quality inspection. In the manufacturing process, we use high-precision CNC machine tools and injection molds to ensure the accuracy and consistency of the keycaps. The specific manufacturing process can be divided into the following steps:
1. Material preparation. The PBT plastic is melted under pre-set conditions and cooled in a thermally stable state to form a stable, warp-free sheet material.
2. Mold making. According to the design requirements, make a mold suitable for injection molding.
3. Injection molding. The pre-prepared chocolate chip material is put into the injection machine, and it is injected into the mold by pressure, causing it to solidify into a film-like keycap.
4. Post-processing. In the process of plastic molding, there will be a certain amount of shrinkage and shrinkage. Therefore, after the production is completed, machining and grinding are required to have a more perfect surface.
5. Quality inspection. Finished products are quality checked and sorted and packaged. Experimental tests In order to verify the performance and characteristics of the ultra-thin chocolate keycap mechanical keyboard, we conducted a series of experimental tests. Mainly divided into the number of keycaps, thickness, feel and so on.
1. The number of keycaps. The ultra-thin chocolate keycap mechanical keyboard has 108 keycaps, which meets the daily needs of ordinary users.
2. Thickness. Through actual measurement, we found that the overall thickness of the ultra-thin chocolate keycap mechanical keyboard is 3mm, which is greatly reduced compared to the average thickness of traditional mechanical keyboards.
3. Feel. In the user test, compared with the traditional mechanical keyboard, we concluded that the ultra-thin chocolate keycap mechanical keyboard has a very good performance in terms of feel and tactile feedback. Its return key force, depression angle, rebound speed, etc. have all been well controlled.
The design and production process of the ultra-thin chocolate keycap mechanical keyboard. By optimizing the design of keycaps, selecting suitable manufacturing materials, and designing multi-layer structures, we have successfully achieved the design goals of compact and lightweight mechanical keyboards. The results of the experimental test prove that the keyboard has excellent performance and user experience, and can better meet the needs of the public users.